We have been working on a plan to improve W. Park Avenue between Ridge Road and Jefferson Drive. This page is intended to provide updates and information on progress.
Residents on W. Park Avenue and surrounding developments participated in a Community Discussion about potential improvements. The meeting took place on Wednesday August 3rd, 2022.
Below is a copy of the proposed Park Avenue Preliminary Grading and Drainage Plan. Plan copies are also available at Borough Hall reception during office hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00a.m.-4:00p.m, closed 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m. for lunch.
Perkasie Borough’s staff, engineer and land planner developed a conceptual plan for potential improvements to Park Ave following an examination of issues at the site. Continuing issues included the deteriorating road surface, the lack of stormwater control, the need for pedestrian access and challenges in maintaining the stormwater basin below the Parkridge development.
Feedback on potential improvements was collected from residents at a community discussion meeting held in May 2021. These potential improvements include:
- Proposed basin improvements
- A potential switchback trail connecting S. 12th St and the lower portion of Park Ave to Parkridge Drive
- Proposed sidewalk extending the Liberty Bell Trail on Park Ave between Jefferson Drive and Ridge Road
- Adding ADA compliant ramps, crosswalks and accessible connections
- Connecting proposed trails to existing sidewalks
- Making stormwater improvements along Park Ave between 12th St and Ridge Road
- A full width mill and pave of Park Ave from Jefferson Drive to Ridge Road
Given the potential cost of the work, and the challenges of winning grants and locating other funding sources, it’s possible that we will take a phased approach to any work, allowing for prioritization of the most important issues.
Most recently, as of October 2023, the Borough has applied for funding through PennDOT's Transportation Alternative Set Aside program. This application is part of a phased approach and focuses on many of the potential improvements listed above. The preliminary design for this application can be seen below.
Questions about any future Park Avenue improvement projects should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (215) 257-5065.